Thursday, August 03, 2006

Hugh Jackman: a Hot Talent or a Talented Hottie? Part I

First off, I LOVE HUGH JACKMAN!
There I said it. Now that that's out of the way. I am going to write about the talented, nay, glorious Mr. Jackman. Our love affair has been going on since 2001, when I first saw this roguishly handsome man stumble, nay, glide onto the silver screen in Someone Like You co-starring a befuddled Ashley Judd, a despicable Greg Kinnear, a long-legged Ellen Barkin and a recovering smoker Marisa Tomei. I did not see the first X-Men, so I was caught completely unaware. He has the charm and poise of Cary Grant, but the ruggedness of a young Mel Gibson. He sweeps the leading lady off of her feet while still remaining the scoundrel. Add Image
I would love to write him a period piece, something like the oldest plotline of The Fountain, which came out a week or so ago and co-starred the classic Rachel Weisz. Oh, I wish I was her. My first real movie obsession was The Mummy. I just kept watching it and watching it. I couldn't help myself. I wanted to be her and be with Brendan Fraser.
Anyways... I think that Hugh should do a Flynn-like period piece. I could see him as Don Juan or as Essex or even as the legendary Robin Hood. He can captivate the audience without giving all the story away. With that little grin, we know there is something more lurking there underneath the surface and we just want to dig it out. He can command the stage and screen as those of you know who saw him in The Boy From Oz or even heard that he won the Tony. I can't tell you how happy I was that night. Hugh won! I want to write him something that will capture the audience's hearts. I want him to be the shining knight who serves his lady love to the death.
In The Fountain, he bore his soul. There was this one moment where the camera focused on him that he weeped. He showed raw and deep emotion. Emotion that one rarely sees anymore on screen. I actually began to tear up, which I have only done in theaters for Andrew Lloyd Webber's Phantom of the Opera because I really felt for poor, not so deformed Gerard Butler, Ever After because I saw it with my Dad, and De-Lovely when Kevin Kline was singing "So In Love" to a dying Ashley Judd. And I think that Hugh could do that, but also be able to not make it too sappy, afterall he pulled off The Prestige where he mourned his wife with a ferocity that startled me. He is just overall a very passionate man, in life and in his acting.
I have to run now, but Hugh Jackman will be a theme, not a constant topic of my blog. And also the pictures aren't loading so I'll just double them next time which will be later this week, I promise...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home